Deciding to lose weight can be quite easy – the actual task of losing weight itself can be quite difficult! There are a lot of different diets and strategies – you’ve probably tried a few different ones yourself and had varying results.
Having helped many people lose weight, I can assure you there is no magic diet or magic pill, what works best for one person may not help another.
However, there are a few tips which I give to my clients and in this blog I’m going to share 5 of them. So grab yourself a glass of water and read on!
Tip #1 Drink more water.
Research has shown increasing the amount of water you drink may help you lose weight. Some possible reasons why are:
- You may think you are hungry when you are actually thirsty. When you feel hungry, drink water first and you may find you don’t need to snack.
- Water helps to remove toxins and waste from the body. A build up of toxins in the body may make you feel tired and bloated.
- Replacing higher calorie drinks such as soft drink, juice or sweetened tea or coffee with water can decrease your calorie intake and assist with weight loss.
- Our body uses water to burn fat. Drinking enough water is essential for burning the fat we eat as well as stored fat.
The amount of water you require depends on a number of factors, including your age, health status, level of activity and how hot it is.
- Aim to drink a glass of water when you first wake up and drink regularly throughout the day.
- Don’t forget to carry a water bottle with you wherever you go!
Tip #2 Don’t skimp on sleep
Getting enough sleep is as important for weight loss as diet and exercise. .
- Lack of sleep impacts your ability to make good decisions., so you are more likely to cave in to comfort food cravings or eat bigger portions.
- Too little sleep changes your metabolism and disrupts your hormones in a way that makes your body hold onto fat.
- Start a bedtime ritual, Try mediation, reading or having a warm bath prior to bed.
- Create an environment that is conducive to sleep. Think cool, well ventilated, dark and quet.
- Stop using screens 1 hour before bed
- Stick to a schedule – wake up and going to bed at the same time every day of the week.
- Avoid large meals close to bedtime. Herbal teas are an ideal way to relax before bed.
Tip #3 Decrease stress
Relax! lower stress = increased weight loss
- Stress leads to an increase in cortisol, which makes your body more likely to hold onto fat, including abdominal visceral fat.
- Stress increases emotional eating – When stressed many people increase snacking of sweet or comfort foods which are often lower in nutrients and higher in calories.
- Stress can impact the quality and quantity of your sleep, making it harder to lose weight
Stress Management Tips
- Schedule time for relaxing activities such as yoga, meditation, reading a novel, listening to music.
- Find a friend to confide in.
- Ensure you have an adequate intake of vitamins and minerals especially B vitamins, vitamin D, omega 3’s, magnesium and zinc.
Eat a well balanced healthy diet.
Tip #4 Detox
Take time to detox
- Unfortunately these days it is common to accumulate more toxins than our body can eliminate.
- Excess toxins are stored in our fat cells.
- A detoxification signals to the body to let go of these toxins and remove them from our body
- A detoxification helps to heal you body inside and out and get it working at it’s optimum.
- Detoxification is a great way to start eating healthier
Have you experienced one or more of the following signs of toxicity?
- Indigestion, constipation, diarrhoea, stomach pain
- feeling sluggish or nauseous after eating
- anxiety or mood swings
- recurring headaches
- recurring infections
- poor short term memory and concentration
- sensitivity to chemicals and strong odours
- hormonal problems such as heavy periods, PMS
If you are interested in doing a detoxification questionnaire to identify what type of detox is best for you?
Contact me to find out more email@example.com
Tip #5 Find a cheer squad
- Weight loss can be a bumpy ride, but it can be smoother when you share it with a buddy.
- Find someone who can support you, cheer you on when needed and get you back on track when needed.
- A good buddy will help hold you accountable.
- Think about where you need support – is it with meal ideas, motivation, an exercise partner.
- Do you want someone available to answer emails, talk on the phone, regularly meet-up?
HOW CAN A NUTRITIONIST HELP YOU LOSE WEIGHT?
- Support – An independent party to help keep you on track, cheer you on you when all is well and provide strategies when the going is tough or you have slipped back to bad habits.
- Accountability – Regular appointments to help keep you on track, you know you will be weighed, helps stick to meal plan.
- Advice – Provide weight loss strategy and coaching specific to your needs and symptoms. A nutritionist can adjust your diet, taking into consideration any symptoms. medications or individual needs that occur during your weight loss
If you’d like to make some positive changes to your lifestyle then contact me today. I look forward to meeting you and helping you on your journey to better health.