Having a busy week and need some lunch or dinner inspiration? Try this delicious green potato salad and you’ll have yourself a quick, nutritious meal ready in about 40 minutes!
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 500g potato (washed & scrubbed)
- 4 eggs
- 125g green beans (washed & trimmed)
- 125mL gree dressing (homemade)
- sea salt & black pepper to taste
- 1 stalk mint leaves (to garnish)
- Boil a pot of water and place both the potatoes and eggs in to cook.
- While the potatoes and eggs boil, place a steamer on top and add the beans to cook for a few minutes. Remove and rinse under cold water.
- Once the eggs are cooked to your liking, remove them, allow to cool and then peel them. After the potatoes are cooked through, set them aside to cool also.
- Chop potatoes and eggs into bite size pieces and cut beans in half.
- Combine the eggs, beans and potatoes in a large bowel and pour green dressing over. Add salt and pepper to taste and mix until dressing is evenly distributed.
- Garnish with mint and serve. (Best served at room temperature)
Green dressing – if you don’t already have a recipe, this can easily be made by blending together herbs, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper, flaxseed oil and water to thin out (if required). Pesto can also be used if you prefer!
Yum! This can be a delicious addition to midweek meals or an easy lunchtime option. Let me know if you try this recipe out.